How to fix sos only iphone Error? Step by Step Guide
is there any solution to sos only iphone? What’s that? First of all, it might appear on your iPhone screen due to the absence of a network. However, using some techniques like re-inserting your SIM, resting your device, powering off and on, and checking settings can solve this problem. This is a problem that is easier, and you can solve it easily.
This article will highlight the reasons for sos only iPhone. Additionally, it will include some solutions and tricks that are best for resolving this problem.
What Is The Meaning Of Sos Only Iphone?
Basically, when you face a problem, you often try to Google it to find its solution. However, what you should do in case of an iPhone problem Sometimes you have to observe the sign of SOS only iPhone. Now it’s important to know: what is the meaning of “only iPhone”? It’s not the result of any mistake in settings. That’s why you can easily remove this from the status bar or mobile. It actually happens when the phone becomes unable to connect to the cellular network. In the case of iOS 16, it will appear on the top left corner of the iPhone. Additionally, you can use emergency SOs. In simple words, it can be explained as happening when there is no network coverage or availability.
Image source; applesupport.com
Sos Only Iphone Feature Limitations
However, this feature is actually only available in some countries, which are:
3. United States
Except in these countries, the appearance occurs in two forms:
1. Searching error
2. No service
What happens during SOS only iPhone?
Of course, it’s an attention-seeking problem. It will need your attention to resolve it. Moreover, the following features will not work during this problem:
1. Normal calls and texts will not be sent after this problem.
2. However, when you connect to a data service, it will not work properly after this.
3. Your phone will have limited time for calling.
4. It doesn’t matter in which country you are; all of the fire, rescue, and ambulance numbers will not work.
5. However, crash and fall detection features will still work with the sos only iPhone.
6. Most of the time, it will also appear while travelling.
Sos Only Iphone In Ios 16.
There is a connection problem with the connectivity problem. This feature is actually most often seen in the iPhone 14 series. Sometimes your iPhone 16 also features this problem due to some problems. Most of the time, it happens due to the mistakes you made during the setting’s feature or in some other way. However, by applying some easier steps, you can choose to solve the problem of SOS only iPhone.
Ways To Fix The Problem Of Sos Only Iphone
When you are sure that there is not any kind of coverage problem, it might be due to some other reason. For that purpose, you can easily follow some steps to find the solution.
Here is the checklist:
1. Data Roaming Settings
Sometimes the notification of a SOS only iPhone might be a result of the data roaming option. In most of the cases, it results in travel. That’s why whenever you start to move somewhere, you have to check your data roaming settings. Now move towards the steps you have to follow to enable its settings.
1. First of all, open the setting’s feature.
2. Press the mobile or cellular data option.
3. Afterwards, you have to toggle on the option of data roaming.
4. Right now, instead of now, the data remarks will appear on the notification bar.
5. Either you will find the features of 4G or 5G on it.
2. Cellular Data Settings
Sometimes, due to the network problem, there might be a notification that only the iPhone appears. However, you can turn it off through the settings for cellular data. For that purpose, you have to try to make the data connection fresh. First of all, you have to turn it off and then on. Afterwards, in most cases, the problem gets solved. The steps to do that are:
1. First of all, open the option “Settings.
2. Tap and toggle the mobile data settings.
3. Now you have to wait at least for 3–5 seconds.
Additionally, you can also choose to move the control centre. Afterwards, you can select and tap on the disable button for the data connection. Moreover, if you face the same problem, you have to check the other steps as well.
3. Restart Your Iphone.
In most cases, this is the best way to get rid of the problem of only having an iPhone. Through this setting, the network problem can get a solution. Moreover, additional caches or other problems also get a solution instantly. In most cases, it can be helpful to restart the features. You have to follow some steps for that purpose.
1. Using a face I’d
To turn it off, you have to press the up or down button along with the side buttons. Afterwards, you will see the notification of power off here. You have to slide on the button in order to turn it off.
2. Using a touch ID
For the option of a power slide, you need to bring the features of a power slider here. Afterwards, press and hold the button to slide it off. Ultimately, you can choose to power off your iPhone.
4. Make Your Switch To 4G
As a newer addition, 5G is not available across all areas. That’s why it’s important to check the internet status of a country. Due to this problem, you can turn it into a 5G network. For that purpose, you can choose the features of LTE instead of 5G.
5. Change Your Phone’s Carrier Settings.
These are the types of settings that are actually useful and make cellular connectivity more important and improve its working as well. First of all, you have to make sure that the WiFi connection is stronger. Afterwards, you have to make sure the connection to cellular data is on. For that purpose, you have to follow some basic steps, which are:
- First of all, open your mobile settings.
- Open its general settings section.
- Afterwards, you have to tap the about option.
- Moreover, if there is the feature of an update requirement, Afterwards, you have to click and open the install option.
- However, you can also choose to manually download its carrier settings feature.
- After the update, you have to return to the network bar settings.
6. Check And Re-Insert Your SIM Card.
Sometimes the SIM might be the reason behind the network problem. For connectivity, you can try to remove your SIM card and then re-insert it again. However, you should not need to direct it. You should not select the reset function. Otherwise, you have to reset it again.
7. Disable And Enable The Network
Moreover, you have to ensure that you connect the settings to the right network system. For that purpose, you have to allow a stable network there. You can turn the settings off, and then the device will connect to the right network. Through this setting, the problem of SOS only on the iPhone will be resolved. You have to follow these:
1. First of all, open your mobile settings.
2. Open the mobile or cellular data settings.
3. Afterwards, you have to choose the network from the selection option.
4. Additionally, you have to turn the switch setting off. This feature is present along with the automatic option.
8. Check And Reset Network Settings.
If all the steps do not work, you will need to follow some basic steps for that purpose. You should choose and select the features of your mobile settings. Resetting will remove all of the passwords, configurations, and other necessary details as well. You can follow further instructions.
1. First of all, go to settings and open the general setting feature.
2. Later on, you have to reset or transfer your iPhone.
3. Afterwards, you have to choose the reset feature.
4. Moreover, on opening the setting feature, you have to insert the password for that purpose.
5. To continue this feature, you have to confirm the reset option.
9. Update Ios
Most of the time, you see this option for only the iPhone due to software problems. However, with the features of the update, you can resolve this problem. If there is a feature for installation, you should install it.
1. First of all, go to the settings feature and press the general settings feature.
2. You have to make an update for that purpose.
3. Moreover, you can download and install it.
10. Connect your carrier.
Through these settings, you get things resolved. For the solution, you must connect through the Apple support features.
How Do I Fix SOS Only Iphone During Itunes?
This step might give you a headache. Moreover, you have to restore this feature to make it a backup. In the case of using iTunes, you have to follow certain steps for that purpose.
- First of all, you have to launch the iTunes system on your mobile.
- Afterwards, you have to connect your iPhone to the system using a cable.
- When your phone asks for confirmation that you trust the device, you have to press the yes button.
- It will ask you about the password, and you have to enter it.
- Afterwards, click on the restore button for more information.
- Click on the “Restore” option and wait until it completes.
- When you have to find your problem in such a condition, you can choose to turn off your phone for at least an hour.
- You can also power it off and make it charge while it is working.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why is the iPhone showing SOS only?
This feature appears on your iPhone in the event of no network connectivity. When “sos only iPhone” appears on the top bar, it means you are actually unable to connect to a network and you won’t make any further calls.
Q. How do I fix SOS only?
Whenever you see this notification, you can follow some steps to solve this problem. The main ways are to turn off aero-plane mode, restart your phone or network settings, and remove and insert your SIM again.
Q. How do I fix SOS calls only?
Whenever this feature is not working in your area, you have to follow some steps, like turning off and on data, restarting your data or settings, and powering off your iPhone. Afterwards, you can make your calls when connectivity becomes easier.
What happens during SOS only iPhone? How can I fix it? This notification appears on the status bar when the network is unstable and not working. You can’t connect to make calls during this time period. To solve this problem, you can take some steps. You can turn off your phone. Additionally, you can restart your mobile or settings. Moreover, you can reinsert your SIM again. Through these easier steps, you can easily get rid of this problem.